Smoky Turkey Marinade

Turkey is probably my favorite meat in the world. So many people don't take the time to appreciate that turkey can be enjoyed everyday and not just on Thanksgiving. This recipe is very heavy with brand spices that should be readily available in most super markets. Make sure you plan ahead as this marinade has to sit for up to a week.

Smoky Turkey Marinade

2 t. Chef Paul's Poultry Magic seasoning
2 t. minced onion
1 cup peanut oil
2 t. Morten's Natures Seasons Seasoning Blend
2 t. creole seasoning
2 t. dried cilantro
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 t. liquid smoke
1 t. dried sage
1 t. dried rosemary
1 t. dried thyme
2 t. worcestershire
1 t. pepper

In a jar combine all ingredients and give it a good shake. Leave this sitting on the counter for at least 5 days, up to a week. Occasionally as you walk by just give the jar a good shake.

When I am ready to bake my turkey I take a whole cleaned turkey (generally around 18 pounds but there is plenty of marinade here for a bigger turkey) and place it in a cooking bag and pour the entire jar of marinade over the turkey. I pour an additional cup of water in the bottom of the bag around the base of the turkey. I bake the turkey according to size and cooking bag directions. Once the turkey is done baking I allow it to rest on the counter for at least an hour before carving and serving. I assure you if you follow this that will be one of the moistest turkeys you have ever eaten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies