Avocado Dressing

I love salads but get tired of the same ol' same ol'. This recipe was actually an accident because I was making a salad and had some avocados quickly becoming over ripe. This recipe was the success of me cooking with perishables out of necessity. I may have to do this more often.

Avocado Dressing

2 large avocados, mashed
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 t. lemon juice
1/2 pint sour cream
1/2 cup mayonaise
Salt to taste

Place all ingredients in a blender and refrigerate until ready to use.

Cooks note: Most dressings contain some kind of oil but I omitted olive oil in this because of the oils in the mayonaise. If you find the dressing to be too thick you can drizzle in some oil oil while blending until it reaches the desired consistency.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies