Coconut Macaroons

I love coconut so I have been working on two new recipes that I can use it. One of my favorite desserts is Coconut Macaroons. I have been tinkering with this recipe for weeks much to the enjoyment of co-workers. Its a very basic recipe for a classic cookie.

Coconut Macaroons

3 cups Coconut, shredded
1 t. Almond Extract
1/8 t. Salt
2/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 egg whites
1 t. Cream of Tartar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat egg whites and cream of tartar til stiff and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine coconut, almond extract, and salt. Mix in sweetened condensed milk to form a thick paste. Fold in the stiffened egg whites. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.

**If desired you may dip the macaroons in either milk or dark chocolate for that extra bite. I find dark chocolate is a great contrast to the sweetness of the coconut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies