Butter Pecan Ice Cream

With warm weather quickly approaching I cant wait to make my favorite ice cream. For those of you who have never made homemade ice cream, its very easy and far surpasses any store bought brand. Ice cream has come a long way since I was a child with a hand crank freezer, my Cuisinart Ice Cream maker makes it a snap.

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

1/2 cup pecans, chopped
2 T. butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 whole egg, beaten
1 egg yolk
1 cup half and half
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a skillet over medium low heat, toast the pecans in the butter until browned, watching closely so that you dont burn them.

In a seperate pan over low heat, combine the brown sugar, eggs, and half and half. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes, do not boil. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream, pecans, and vanilla.

Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to machine directions. I traditionally make this a day ahead so that I can freeze it overnight for a firmer consistency.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies