Peanut Sauce

I go through phases with my cooking. Lately I have been in love with Asian cooking and my wok. If you don't own a wok I would encourage you to run, not walk, out and buy one immediately. I have found that I enjoy the way the wok cooks food so much that I often use it for other recipes as well because of the even heat distribution. I do all of my cooking on a gas stove and I find that creates more control over temperature and the wok is easier to cook with on gas than a traditional electric stove top.

I absolutely love love love Peanute Sauce. I would eat it on everything if I could. This sauce is so versatile from using as a sauce for a chicken or shrimp dish to grilling skewered chicken strips and using as a dip.

PEANUT SAUCE

3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 1/2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons molasses (or brown sugar)
1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
cayenne pepper
grated lime zest
fresh cilantro sprigs

Make the peanut sauce by combining the next 7 ingredients (peanut butter through garlic) in a saucepan.

Season to taste with cayenne pepper, lime zest, and cilantro. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is as thick as heavy cream (about 15 minutes).

Transfer to a food processor or blender and purée briefly. Add chicken broth and cream and blend until smooth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies