Baked Pizza in a Bowl

I love making dishes that any home cook can make their own. I am all about taking what you love and making it something that makes you want to dance in the kitchen. Since this is suppose to resemble a pizza you can practically add anything you would put on a pizza. Most times I add many other items based on what kind of mood I am in and whom I am serving this too, if you can put it on pizza it would probably be great in this dish. Experiment and make it your own. I also love cheese so sometimes I go crazy and add lots more cheese.

Pizza in a Bowl

2 cups uncooked pasta (I use macaroni but you can use anything.)
1 lb sausage (pork is fine but I prefer Hot Italian)1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
½ teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon oregano
½ cup onion – chopped
½ cup green pepper – chopped
½ cup mushrooms – sliced
½ cup olives - sliced
16 oz. pepperoni - cut in 1/2
8 oz. Canadian bacon
6 oz. tomato paste
15 oz. pizza sauce
8 oz. tomato sauce
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup parmesan

Brown sausage and onion in pan. Drain grease and return to pan.

Add all other ingredients, except pasta and cheeses, and let simmer 10-15 minutes.

Boil pasta about half of the amount of time you normally would and drain. The pasta will finish cooking with the sauce when baked in the oven. Mix the pasta with sauce.

Layer 1/2 of mixture in greased 8”x12" pan and sprinkle half of both cheeses over layer. Layer the rest of the mixture and cover with remaining cheese. Put in 350°F oven covered for 30 minutes. Then take off foil and leave in 10 min longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies