Chip's Multi-Layer Party Salad

As we are nearing the end of February my friends and I are getting anxious for spring and our annual BBQ's. I thought this would be an ideal time to start posting some of my other favorite potluck and BBQ recipes in anticipation of spring.

This salad is a huge hit when I take it to potlucks. I often find my biggest problem when making this dish is finding a bowl big enough to hold it all.

Chip’s 7-Layer Picnic Salad

Layer the following ingredients in order:
1 bag of shredded lettuce
1 bag of broccoli slaw mix
1 bag of shredded carrots
1 chopped red or yellow bell pepper
1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans (kidney beans also go well)
2 cups of low-fat or fat-free mozzarella cheese (either shredded or cubeb)
6 chopped roma tomatoes
Spread low fat Creamy Italian dressing over top
Garnish with chopped parsley

Low-fat Creamy Italian Dressing
1/2 c low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise
1/2 c low-fat or fat-free Sour Cream (for an extra kick you can substitute fat-free or light
ranch dressing)
1 T Olive Oil
2 T Cider Vinegar
1 T Italian Seasoning
1 t Basil
1/2 t Garlic Powder
1/2 t Black Pepper

Combine all ingredients except olive oil in food processor or blender and drizzle the oil in til well mixed. Do not over-blend or you will break the dressing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies