Feedback requested....

So I am working out the details of the Introduction to my book and would like some feedback if you feel so inclined. Thank you in advance.

Introduction

When I first decided to write a cookbook I had to reflect on exactly where I wanted to go with my recipes. I have been cooking since I was old enough to walk and stand under my Grandmother Shirley’s feet in the kitchen. My Grandmother has always been a great inspiration in my personal life and in my cooking life. I like to think that the passion I have for cooking and for good food was passed down to me through her. After all these years I still turn to her for advice in the kitchen and I find myself in an interesting situation as I mature because she also turns to me when she has a cooking question. I am happy that she has given me such a foundation for cooking that we are able to share this together.

Throughout the years I have found that cooking is more than just throwing ingredients in a bowl and following a recipe. It is pulling together the best and finest ingredients you can find and making it with your heart. People have asked me for years how I create recipes… My answer is always very simple. I take foods that I like and I question how to make them better. What will make me smile inside and out? Do you get a tingle in your belly when you think about taking a bite of White Chocolate Ganache cheesecake? Follow your heart and your emotions and you will find that the rest just comes naturally.

The following recipes are all a part of me. Some are old family favorites passed down to me by my Grandmother and others are new versions of some of my favorite foods. Almost daily I try something new and I always wonder, how can I make this my own. Along with my recipes are stories that tell where the recipe came from or what inspired me to create each delicious dish. I hope that you enjoy reading my stories, preparing my recipes for you and your family, and opening your heart to creating recipes of your own.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies