Chip's No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie's

When I am nesting at home on a cool winter day nothing says home like comfort food. I enjoy wrapping up a meal with one or two of these cookies to cleanse the palate and wrap up to watch a good movie. I have been enjoying these cookies since I was a child. I would always beg my Mother to make them for me and now I make them for her.

Chip’s No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie’s

6 T. Cocoa
2 c. Sugar
1 stick of Butter
½ c. Milk
3 c. Quick-cook Oatmeal
2/3 c. smooth Peanut Butter
½ t. Vanilla

In medium-sized saucepan, combine cocoa, sugar, butter, and milk over medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a full boil. (It is very important to continue to stir until the mixture is boiling). Once the mixture has come to a complete boil, stop stirring and continue to boil for 60 seconds, then remove from the heat.

Immediately add vanilla, oatmeal, and peanut butter. Stir until thoroughly mixed and then spoon out tablespoons of the mixture onto waxed paper. (Be sure you drop the cookies onto the wax paper quickly as soon as they are through mixed as they will start to cool and harden quickly). Cookies should set up within a few minutes.

Makes 2-3 dozen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies