Toffee Peanut Butter Cookies

Fall has finally arrived in Colorado and it brings with it some great rainy days (considering October started with 90+ degree days we were not sure it was coming).  I thought, what shall I do with myself now that my plans have been cancelled for today?  Well the answer was obvious of course!  See what is in the cabinet to make a great batch of cookies... and what did I find?  Peanut butter and Heaht Toffee Bits!  Sounds interesting, lets try it!

If you have kids or a spouse, have a plate of these on the table when they come home with a glass of milk and you will be their favorite person in the world!


Toffee Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup Shortening
3/4 cup Peanut Butter (I used creamy only because I was out of chunky which is my favorite)
1 1/4 cups light Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1 1/3 cups Toffee Bits



Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla until well blended.


Add egg, beat just until combined.


Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.  Gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.  Stir in 1 cup of toffee bits.  The remainder will be used to top the cookies.




Drop the cookies by teaspoons full on ungreased cookie sheet.  (I flatten them out a small amount to hold the topping).  Sprinkle the top of each with remaining toffee bits.  (I put these directly onto my cookie sheet and regret not using my Silpat matt since the droppings burned onto my pan and guess who gets to clean it!)  Bake in the oven 7 to 8 minutes and cool.

Comments

  1. I agree, you can't go wrong with peanut butter and toffee bits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies