Butter Pecan Fudge

I love pecans and I have probably made that very obvious this week with three recipes containing pecans.  I promise this will be the last one for a while!  That being said... the wonderful crunch and nutty aroma released by the pecans when toasted and the buttery fudge make for an amazing treat... I should start a campaign to make fudge year round and not just for holidays!


Butter Pecan Fudge

½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1/8 t. salt
1 t. vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped

In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, cream and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in pecans.

Spread into a buttered 8-in. square dish. Cool to room temperature. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Comments

  1. Oh wow this sounds incredible! I remember the first time making fudge with my mom back in high school- it was such a big hit my friends kept requesting more (but then again..what teenager wouldn't love high sugar squares of chocolate? ;)) It's a tricky thing to make, though..that's for sure!

    The butter pecan version sounds sooo good! Chocolate fudge can be a bit too sweet for me, so I think butter pecan would be just right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all your posts!! This fudge looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This butter pecan version of fudge reminds me a lot of doce de leite which I love. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies