Pecan Pie

I know I know I promised to back off of the pecan recipes for a few weeks but I was asked to make a Pecan Pie for a friend of mine today and here in Colorado is a very gloomy rainy day so I thought, I have some free time, why not take some pictures and share my recipe with my readers.

One thing you will find is that I love working with natural ingredients as much as possible so I do not use corn syrup in my recipe. I find that corn syrup gives you a very "candy" like taste in the pie and by using sugar you end up with a pie that is more like "pie" than a thick goopy candy! Try it once and you will never use corn syrup to make your pecan pie ever again!


Pecan Pie

2 Eggs
1/2 cup Butter, melted and cooled
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
1/4 cup White Sugar
1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups chopped Pecans


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter.  (Make sure the butter is cooled and the eggs are room tempteratur, otherwise the butter will clump up when it hits the cool eggs.)


Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar, and flour.


Add the milk, vanilla, and pecans.


Pour into an unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell.  Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce head to 300 degrees and cook an additional 50 to 55 minutes.

Comments

  1. Oh yum! Can you believe I have never had pecan pie before? I would love a slice of yours though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my son Blake's all time favorite pie..although he calls it nut pie and always has..I will definitly be making this and can't wait to see the difference without the corn syrup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies