Butter Pecan Cookies


Butter Pecan ice cream is my favorite ice cream flavor but being lactose intolerant I don't indulge myself nearly as much as I would like so thse cookies always hit the spot!  Anyone who reads my blog regularly knows I love simple recipes and this one is one of the easiest you will ever make!



Butter Pecan Cookies

3/4 cup pecans
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar, plus more for coating
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, toast pecans until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Let cool completely; finely chop.

With an electric mixer, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light, about 1 minute. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.

Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Roll in sugar. Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet. Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary). Sprinkle with sugar.

Bake until golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with more sugar. Cool cookies on a wire rack.

Comments

  1. These look yummy! I will be giving these a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be a simple cookie, but I'm sure it packs a ton of flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are my favorite kind of cookie. Simple and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband loves butter pecan ice cream too, so I am thinking these will be a must try. Thanks for sharing them! Looking forward to seeing what you will bake up for the remaining 11 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These do sound simple enough...and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look yummy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never made a Butter Pecan Cookie and that needs to change. They look and sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love butter pecan ice cream too so I'm excited to give these a try! I think next year, we should organize the group so that everyone sends everyone else a cookie so we get to taste each one as we read the post! ;) Yours look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a special place in my tummy for "Butter Pecan" anything...these cookies look FABULOUS!!!

    It will be fun to bake along side you for the next couple of months.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Butter and pecans. Sounds like a winning combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love butter and pecan combos, great cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Butter pecan is one of my very favorite ice cream flavors, too - in a cookie? Faint!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids