Marsala Sauce

I will admit as I write this that I do not like mushroom so this is definitely not one of my favorite sauces but a dear friend requested I teach him how to make this sauce and I thought I would share it with everyone here!

Marsala sauce sounds intimidating but is extremely easy to make if you have the right ingredients on hand. For anyone who loves Italian food you will not be disappointed making Chicken or Veal Marsala with this sauce.  (It's great over grilled beef medallinos as well, too few people have tried a great marsala this way!)


Marsala Sauce

3 tablespoons olive oil (for a richer sauce you can use Butter, but Olive Oil is a healthier option)
1/4 cup diced shallots
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1 1/2 cups beef stock
Salt and pepper, to taste

1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)

Add olive oil to heavy hot saucepan. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, saute until mushrooms are tender. Add flour and cook about 1 minute then deglaze pan with Marsala wine. Add beef stock and cook until thick and flavors are blended.  Add heavy cream if desired (the cream will give the sauce a richer flavor and golden look).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies