Spicy Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats - 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies Week 8

Wow another week has went by and I am a day late and a dollar short...  Well ok I am a lot more than a day late and a lot more than a dollar short...

As many of you have noticed no new postings in two weeks.... in blogging world that is an eternity... hopefully I didn't lose any readers over it!  To make this quick and dirty... I changed jobs about a month ago, just bought a new car last weekend, and have been shopping for a new house (think I found one, find out tomorrow) so to say that I have been busy would be the understatement of the world...  So all of that said... lets get to the cooking!

Spicy Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats

One of my favorite things to do is to take childhood treats and put a grown up spin on it... so I thought I have rice krispies and I have chocolate and I have marshmallows, what can I make with these things...  well add my favorite spices and you have a grown up version of a favorite treat with some holiday notes sung by the cinnamon and nutmeg!


1/4 cup butter
5 cups marshmallows
8 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 a Hershey bar

In a large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat.

Add cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and cocoa. Stir until everything is well mixed.  Stir in Rice Krispies until they are evenly coated.

Using a spatula or wax paper, evenly press the mixture into a greased 9"x13" baking dish.

Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds or until just melted.  Using a fork, drizzle the chocolate over your Rice Krispies treats. Allow to cool.



Comments

  1. I love your grown up version of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this sounds like a rice krispie treat that I'd really like. I love spicy treats. Great way to change up an old favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies