Where it all started...

So for a moment of vanity - my sister sent me pictures from this last Christmas of me with my family - so here are a few pics.

Me and my grandmother.  For anyone who reads my recipes frequently this is my greatest cooking inspiration.  I cant believe sometimes how much like her that I am.  She and I both set down and read cookbooks like they are actual reading books, I can read them from cover to cover.  We call her everything in the book so lord only knows what I have referenced her as in my posts... Mamaw Shirley, Mamaw Barbee, Mamaw, Mama Gails Momma - the list goes on and on.


Not a great photo but its me and my Mom.  Its all I have right now.  I have a few recipes from her but she admittedly hardly ever cooks anymore.  She is way too busy!  I'm not real sure what my baby brother (he just turned 18) and my step-dad eat!?!  I have to say though that my Mom makes the Stardust Salad which have posted a recipe for and love!

Ok, I have to admit this one is pure vanity.  They have nothing to do with my cooking.  These are my two favorite nephew, Preston and Matt, my sister Jennifer's two sons.  I love going home just to see these boys!

Comments

  1. I am looking at your site at least once a week for ideas and inspiration. I am a mom with 4 kids and I also cook for 3 other people, (I freeze portions of what I make for dinner and they pick up meals once a week). Now I am pregant with twins (Im a surrogate) and having a little trouble with morning sickness so I was looking for some crock pot type meals lately. I always find something on your site or ideas for something. I made mizithra pasta the other night:) I just wanted to say that I enjoy your no-nonsense, fun and taste good recipes.
    Today I was looking for a mexican soup recipe and didnt find quite what I wanted anywhere so made up my own. I just tried some and it's wonderful! It seems to me that many of your recipes are like this...take something and make it your own with whats on hand or what is your mood!

    Anyway, I love your stuff and just wnated to tell you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies