Pork Green Chili

I absolutely love Mexican food. One of my favorites is a warm bowl of Green Chili on a cold night. This recipe is part given to me by a good friend and a big part my own variations for my particular taste. I have been told many times by people that its the best Green Chili they ahve ever had. Alter the jalapenos or omit them to control the heat content.

Pork Green Chili

2 large Onions, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
Olive Oil
1 1/2 pounds diced Pork
2 pounds chopped roasted Green Chili's
2 cans diced Tomatoes w/ Green Chili
5 cans Chicken Stock
3 large Red Potatoes, cubed
2 teaspoons powdered Cumin
2 teaspoons chopped Jalapeno
Salt to taste

In a large pot sautee the onions and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add the pork and cover and steam and until cooked, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 1 to 2 hours until all ingreidents are combined and potatoes are soft.

I like to eat this with just tortillas as a stew but you can certainly use it to smother burritos or fries or however you like to eat your green chili. This certainly turns out more like a stew than a pureed green chili you get in a can in the store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cajun Sauce

Brownies on Steroids

Butter Pecan Cookies